Hello! I hope you are well. I was graciously nominated for The Leibster Award by the lovely Hudapervez.
Huda is such a beauty and her blog is one I always look forward to reading. Huda’s blog content has a bit for everyone! Beauty, lifestyle, fashion, haircare, you name it! Go see for yourself! You will love her blog as much as I do.
Here are my answers to Huda’s questions:
- What was the last book you read that you loved? What I Know For Sure by Oprah Winfrey. I’ve already started reading it again!
- If you could be another person for an entire day, who would you be and why? Audrey Hepburn. She was my very first fashion and beauty icon so I would love to go through her beauty and fashion routine. She was also such a deep soul so I would love to see the places and people she touched in her life.
- What accomplishment are you most proud of? So far, I am proud of my strength to move away from home to pursue my a higher education and later to be able to give back to them.
- What is your top skincare tip? Having good skin for me, starts with taking your makeup off every single night. I cannot go a night without taking my makeup off. If I don’t, I will be breaking out for the next few weeks.
- What is your favorite physical attribute about yourself? My eyes.
- What is your top tip for staying positive? Having a gratitude journal.
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert and how does being that affect your life? Definitely an introvert. It affects my life in a way where I have to push myself out of my head so much to stop caring about what people think about me.
- What are your current blog goals? To do all I can to be consistent and work on my photography skills. I have loved photography for the longest time and want to do all I can to be the best I can be at taking photos.
- What is your perfect pizza? Veggie pizza with pineapples (yeah, I am a lover of pineapple on pizza), black olives, spinach, mushrooms, the whole shabang.
- Do you get along with your family? Why or why not? Yes, my family is everything to me. I cannot imagine life without them. My siblings are my best friends.
- What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up this morning? I woke up late and thought “It’s already 10 am?!”
Here are the rules:
Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you
Answer the 11 questions given by the blogger who nominated you
Nominate 11 other bloggers
Ask 11 new questions for them to answer
Here are my nominees:
Out N’ About
The Veggie Expat
Life According to Jade
From Vanity to Sanity
Holly’s Beauty Blog
Bloom & Co.
Each one of your blogs have inspired me to try something new, whether it be makeup or a new way of thinking. Thank you for the beautiful content you have created. Check them all out. These bloggers are beautiful and taltented with such lovely content. Here are my 11 questions for you ladies:
- What is your favorite movie?
- Coffee or tea?
- What is your favorite step in your makeup routine?
- What made you create your blog?
- Your spirit animal and why.
- All time favorite band/singer?
- Any quotes that keep you motivated/happy?
- Last movie/show you saw on Netflix?
- What is your favorite summer trend?
- Favorite makeup brand?
- Who is your style icon?
Thanks for reading! Stay connected with me on INSTAGRAM!
Hello! I hope you are well. Today is all about books. I have been reading so much this summer and I love learning about spirituality and about myself. I have had so many books on my wishlist but never wanted to go to Barnes and Noble and spend too much. One day I was told about this bargain bookstore in Nashville called McKay’s used/new store. I was finally able to go and was amazed. They had everything from electronics, to records to cassettes to any book you could think of. Once I found the spirituality section, I was there for a while. These are the books I picked up!
The first is called The Alchemist by Paulo Coehlo. I remember reading this book in Spanish class. My teacher knew I didn’t exactly need to do the work because I knew spanish so he gave me this book to read. I loved the story so when I saw this book at McKay’s, I didn’t even question it. I’m so excited to read this book again.
The next is a book that I’ve heard Oprah talk about alot. I believe she once called this book her favorite. I’ve read this author before and I like how eye opening his words are so why not read this and see what this book has to say!
Iyanla Vanzant is a such a powerful speaker and I love her strength and philosophy about life and empowering yourself. I’m super excited to read her written work. If you want to learn about what she has to say, go to YouTube and you’ll love her too.
This last book is the book that first opened my eyes and mind to spirituality and the idea that you can get what you want and feel good. I read this book so much that it literally fell apart. It turned into quite a used book so spending $2 on a book that is about $25 at Barnes and Noble was a no-brainer. I love this book and while I don’t follow it to the letter, I love the majority of what it has to say.
I’m so excited to talk to you about what I thought about them in an upcoming post. What type of books do you tend to read?
Thanks for reading! Stay connected with me on Instagram!
Hello hello! July is already here so this month, I am going to start amping up my post since I start school next month and want to put out as much content as I can before then because school takes over. Today’s post is about my summer shoes and the ones I gravitate towards during these months.
The first are just some slide on mules from Rue 21. I recently saw the original version from Gucci and was so elated that I got mine for just 5 bucks. They might not last as long or have the best quality but when I can save money, you bet I’ll jump at the chance. I am in love with these babies.
I’m way too into black shoes…they just match everything! These, also from Rue21 are such a pretty flat. They have a scalloped detail. The lace up look adds such texture to a basic outfit. They are way more comfy than I I initially thought!
Let me add a bit of color….they may just be white but it’s a big thing for me! My trusty high top white converse are the best shoe investment I’ve made. I’ve had these for about 3 years and while they aren’t as white, there is no traction fade, fabric rip, etc. These are such a fashionable and easily recognizable shoe that I absolutely adore and can easily be styled.
And some real color are ones I have talked about before but I can’t stop raving about them. They are the Forever 21 pointed toe mules….in pink! I love love love these shoes. They add such a western feel with the buckle and detailed pattern. I love pairing these lovelies with all black and letting the shoes be the star of the show.
Those are my summer shoes! I love having a bit of every style going on. What’s your favorite summer shoe style!?
Thanks for reading and make sure to stay connected with me in instagram!